- The Canon Pixma MX-725 inkjet printer was launched over a year ago, but there are still units available from various on-line retailers. When first introduced into the UK market they sold for between £130 and £180. Today you can pick one up for around £110.
- The advantage to buying an older model printer is that plenty of consumers have already tested the product and offered their feedback. For a mainstream product like the MX725, there are plenty of reviews from numerous sources. We will take a look at these to gauge whether this is a good product to buy.
- Good points
* Easy to set up WiFi.
* Print from mobile phones and tablets using the built-in application.
* Excellent printing quality, partly due to the Canon self cleaning routine.
* Reasonably compact for the type of machine.
* Excellent duplex printing.
* Good 600dpi scanning facility with good software.
- * Stylish curvy design.
- * Large 250 sheet paper tray.
* Very good price now that is has been reduced.
* Good build quality
* Cheap compatible ink cartridges and refillable cartridges available.
* Printer regularly performs a self-cleaning routine before the first print.
* Shiny black plastic case attracts dust and can scratch easily.
- * No vertical rear paper feed.
- * A tiny bit noisy.
* Original Canon ink cartridges are expensive.
- The Canon Pixma MX725 has received higher than normal feedback scores...
- 4.3 /5 Amazon
- 8 /10 Trusted Reviews
- 8.8 /10 PC World
- 4.4 /5 Ebuyer
The Canon Pixma MX725 inkjet printer scores between 4.3 to 4.4 out of 5. This is a good score for an inkjet printer. The MX-725 offers good print quality, many useful features, and is cheap to run. Both cheap replacement ink cartridges and refillable empty cartridges with ARC are available at a cheap price. The only significant bad thing can be the slowness of printing the first sheet. Many Canon printers perform an automatic self-cleaning routine.
All brand names and trademarks are the property of their owners and are used here for descriptive purposes only. The above are Non-OEM products. Not made by Canon.